Well, that wraps up this GIMP tutorial. By now, you should be starting to know your way around GIMP. There's a lot to GIMP... but we've covered a lot in this tutorial.
Here are some of the things we learned:
- We learned that GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, and allows you to create and manipulate images.
- We created a basic image.
- We learned about tools that enable us to create more complex images.
- We learned about image formats and why it's important to save our images in the correct format.
- We learned how to resize images.
- We learned how to add color to an image
- We learned how to add text to an image
- We learned how to apply filters to images
- We created animated two GIFs - using two separate techniques.
- ...and much more
Now that you've finished this tutorial, it would be a good idea to experiment. Create new images. Modify existing ones. Use the tools outlined in this tutorial to help you create an original image.
Also check out the following.