SQL Server 2008 Tutorial
Table of Contents
This tutorial consists of the following lessons:
- About SQL Server
- SQL Server Editions
- SQL Server - Management Studio
- SQL Server - Create a Database
- SQL Server - Create a Table
- SQL Server - Adding Data
- SQL Server - Query Designer
- SQL Server Views
- SQL Server Stored Procedures
- User Logins
- Server Roles
- Database Schemas
- Linked Servers
- Integration Services
This SQL Server tutorial is for anyone who wants to learn how to use SQL Server 2008. It assumes a basic understanding of databases and how they work.
If you don't currently have an understanding of how databases work, start with the basic database tutorial first. That tutorial covers the basic concepts of databases, so the examples in this tutorial will make more sense once you return here.
To get the most out of this tutorial, you should have a copy of SQL Server installed on your computer, so that you can go through the examples yourself. The examples in this tutorial are all done using the free version of SQL Server - SQL Server 2008 Express. You can download SQL Server 2008 Express from the Microsoft website (we'll get to that in a minute).
If you don't currently have SQL Server yet, that's OK. The tutorial is straight forward and contains plenty of screenshots.
- If you already know about SQL Server and like to learn more about SQL programming, check out the SQL tutorial.
- Also check out the latest version of the SQL Server tutorial.