caption-side property is used to specify which side of a table its caption will be positioned.
CSS2.1 uses the following syntax:
CSS3 extends the possible values:
These values are explained below.
The following values are valid in CSS 2.1 and CSS3:
- The caption is positioned above the table box.
- The caption is positioned below the table box.
The following values have been proposed for the
caption-side property in CSS3:
In addition, all CSS properties also accept the following CSS-wide keyword values as the sole component of their property value:
- Represents the value specified as the property's initial value.
- Represents the computed value of the property on the element's parent.
- This value acts as either
initial, depending on whether the property is inherited or not. In other words, it sets all properties to their parent value if they are inheritable or to their initial value if not inheritable.
- Initial Value
- Applies To