clip property is used to clip a box to a given shape (rectangle is the only shape specfified in CSS2.1). Coordinates are supplied that indicate where the clipping will occur.
- <shape> (rectangle is the only shape supported in CSS2.1) followed by four coordinates
In addition, all CSS properties also accept the following CSS-wide keyword values as the sole component of their property value:
- Represents the value specified as the property's initial value.
- Represents the computed value of the property on the element's parent.
- This value acts as either
initial, depending on whether the property is inherited or not. In other words, it sets all properties to their parent value if they are inheritable or to their initial value if not inheritable.
- Initial Value
- Applies To
- Absolutely positioned elements
- Yes (see example)