border-top property is a shorthand property for setting the width, style, and color of the top border of a box.
- Sets the width of the top border. See the
- Sets the style of the top border. See the
- Sets the color of the top border. See the
In addition, all CSS properties also accept the following CSS-wide keyword values as the sole component of their property value:
- Represents the value specified as the property's initial value.
- Represents the computed value of the property on the element's parent.
- This value acts as either
initial, depending on whether the property is inherited or not. In other words, it sets all properties to their parent value if they are inheritable or to their initial value if not inheritable.
- Initial Value
- This is based on the individual properties' values. Their initial values are as follows:
currentColor(which is the value of the
- Applies To
- All elements.
- Yes (see example)
- CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 (W3C Candidate Recommendation 9 September 2014)
- CSS Level 2.1 (W3C Recommendation 07 June 2011)
- CSS Level 1 (W3C Recommendation 17 Dec 1996)