list-style-image property is used to specify an image to be used as a list marker's default contents.
list-style-image property allows you to create your own custom bullets to use in lists.
list-style-image property can be used on any list item. A list item is any element with its
display property set to
inline-list-item. List items are the only elements that generate
- The default contents of the of the list item's marker are given by
- Specifies an image as the default contents of the list item's marker. Must be a valid image, otherwise the default contents will be provided by
In addition, all CSS properties also accept the following CSS-wide keyword values as the sole component of their property value:
- Represents the value specified as the property's initial value.
- Represents the computed value of the property on the element's parent.
- This value acts as either
initial, depending on whether the property is inherited or not. In other words, it sets all properties to their parent value if they are inheritable or to their initial value if not inheritable.
- Initial Value
- Applies To
- List items (any element with its
displayproperty set to