- About SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2014 - Editions
- SQL Server 2014 - Installation
- SQL Server 2014 - Management Studio
- SQL Server 2014 - Create a Database
- SQL Server 2014 - Create a Table
- SQL Server 2014 - Adding Data
- SQL Server 2014 - SQL Scripts
- SQL Server 2014 - Query Designer
- SQL Server 2014 - Views
- SQL Server 2014 - Stored Procedures
- SQL Server 2014 - User Logins
- SQL Server 2014 - Server Roles
- SQL Server 2014 - Database Schemas
- SQL Server 2014 - Linked Servers
- SQL Server 2014 - Summary
SQL Server Tutorial
SQL Server 2014
This tutorial consists of the following lessons:
This SQL Server tutorial is for anyone who wishes to learn how to use SQL Server. It assumes a basic understanding of databases and how they work.
This tutorial covers the 2014 edition of SQL Server (SQL Server 2014). Specifically, it uses (the free) SQL Server 2014 Express with Tools.
If you don't currently have an understanding of how databases work, start with the basic database tutorial first. That tutorial covers the basic concepts of databases, so the examples in this tutorial will make more sense once you return here.
To get the most out of this tutorial, you should have a copy of SQL Server installed on your computer, so that you can go through the examples yourself. If you don't have a copy, that's OK - you should still be able to gain an understanding of what SQL Server is and what's involved in using it.
You will find 3 tutorials here; a tutorial for SQL Server 2014, a tutorial for SQL Server 2008, and a tutorial for SQL Server 2000.
SQL Server 2008
If you need to learn SQL Server 2008, use the SQL Server 2008 tutorial.
SQL Server 2000
And if for a blast from the past, check out my SQL Server 2000 tutorial.
SQL Programming Tutorial
If you already know about SQL Server and like to learn more about SQL programming, check out the SQL tutorial.