Well, that wraps up this GIMP tutorial. By now, you should be starting to know your way around GIMP. There's a lot to GIMP... but we've covered a lot in this tutorial.
Here are some of the things we learned:
- We learned that GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, and allows you to create and manipulate images.
- We created a basic image.
- We learned about tools that enable us to create more complex images.
- We learned about image formats and why it's important to save our images in the correct format.
- We learned how to resize images.
- We learned how to add color to an image
- We learned how to add text to an image
- We learned how to apply filters to images
- We created animated two GIFs - using two separate techniques.
- ...and much more
Where To From Here?
Now that you've finished this tutorial, it would be a good idea to experiment. Create new images. Modify existing ones. Use the tools outlined in this tutorial to help you create an original image.
Try grabbing one of these free images. Simply open them up in GIMP and do what you like with them!